Surely each of you has a recipe for cauliflower soup. Dishes such as fried cauliflower, baked cauliflower, and cauliflower soup are probably familiar to each of you and have certainly prepared them at least once.
Why Oven Roasted Cauliflower Soup?
Classic soups are tasty, but after a while they simply stop being fun… that’s why I decided to prepare a slightly different cauliflower soup for you. I baked the cauliflower in the oven before making the soup. The taste of cauliflower is more intense, the soup is deliciously creamy. And to make it not boring, I also added croutons, which are crunchy and give the soup the right flavor.
It is the best cauliflower soup I have ever made. Softly creamy, crunchy after the croutons. I also garnished the soup with roasted cauliflower and finely chopped spring onions. So come on and make this delicious soup with me!
- roast the cauliflower long enough for it to soften, you will cook it in for a shorter time
- if you don’t want to, you don’t have to fry the small parts of the cauliflower, but I recommend it for an even better taste. And don’t forget to sprinkle it on finely chopped parsley
- croutons are +, they add crunch to the soup
Oven Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- 1 Cauliflower
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 Spring onion
- 1 L Vegetable Stock
- Salt, black Pepper, Nutmeg, Bay Leaves
- olive oil
- 1 tbsp Flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Wash the cauliflower and cut into smaller pieces. Spread on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, add black pepper and bake until golden brown, at least 15 minutes.
- Finely chop the white part of the onion. Add the oil and 1 tablespoon of butter to the saucepan and briefly sauté the onion. Add 1 tablespoon flour. Pour in the broth and cook.
- Take out the roasted cauliflower from the oven. Put the small pieces aside for later.
- Add the remaining cauliflower to the soup and cook. Season with salt, black pepper and nutmeg. Add a bay leaves.
- Cut the bread into small cubes, place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in a preheated oven at 150 °C until golden brown.
- Puree the soup.
- Finely chop the green part of the onion and the parsley.
- Fry small pieces of cauliflower in butter and add parsley.
- Serve with croutons, roasted cauliflower and spring onions.
- Enjoy the meal!